Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I'm doing Beth Moore's Believing God study right now and todays scripture was Psalm 139:1-5, 13-18. It discusses how God knows us intimately, He examines our thoughts and motives, and He knows our hearts. He made us in the womb and has all our days planned ahead of time. He knows everything about us. We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

As I read this I thought about the difference it would make if we would view people as God's wonderful creation and always be aware that He has a plan for them too. Initially thinking of my kids and husband, how I want my kids to see and realize how precious they are to God and how He has a wonderful plan and purpose for their life. How I want my husband to realize that too and lead our family down the path God has for us. I truly want to encourage them in that way.

Think of all the people in our life who would be affected if we viewed them and treated them with respect, regardless of the circumstance, due to the significance they really have in Christ. I'm not exactly sure how to do that, but I think a start would be to take seriously the plans and thoughts of our Christian friends when they feel God is leading them a certain way, to lift up and encourage those who may feel a lack of purpose or direction, and have a little patience with others because we know they are so special to God, even the lady who has 40 items in the 10 item checkout line!

Also, be sure of your own significance. God loves you, He has plans for you. He knows where you go and what you do. He knows your thoughts and what's in your heart and He cares about you! Everything about you! Sometimes I need to remember that too. When we are sure of our own significance, we will be happy to help others realize theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment