Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hang in There

Do you ever reach a point where you think life would be so much easier if you just went along with the rest of the world? Sometimes I think I think too much and need to just be more laid back.

I'm not saying I follow the scriptures completely or live perfectly, far from, but sometimes when I know I'm following what God has said to do it just doesn't seem right. It seems things would be much easier living by God's word, then at times its not, in fact sometimes its really hard. I hope you don't fall into the trap like I have many times of thinking because things are hard and don't feel right you must be getting it wrong. I have struggled with that some the past couple weeks.

I had Psalms on my mind all week as I was thinking about this but didn't turn there. Yesterday finally I decided to just look at it and I saw what I had been needing all week! Why don't I just pay attention to God immediately!!?

Psalm 1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night...

These verses were such a consolation and encouragement to me to keep going, and yes, to think (meditate) about God's ways and delight in following the Lord. Not quit thinking so much or give in and run with world! God wants us to commit our way to the Lord and trust in Him (psalm 37:5) and to consider His ways and meditate on His precepts (psalm 119:13-16)

We really do serve a good God! One who wants us thinking and on our feet. Life is amazing with God, why would I ever really want to just chill and forget about trying to follow Him!? What a clever tactic of the enemy to entice us to think it must be easy to live without considering Him! We know better!!

2 comments:

  1. I like Colossians for this too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many."
    Matthew 7:13

    The world's way is easier sometimes. It can be tiring and hard to always be moving against the crowd but if you are going with the flow you are probably headed the wrong direction.

    My verse for this week is:

    "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
    Matthew 11:29-30

    It reminds me that while it may be difficult this is where I can find rest for my soul.

    ReplyDelete