Sunday, November 24, 2013

Genealogy of Jesus

Last year about a month before Christmas I decided I would read through the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew and look up each person to discover the people who lead up to Him. I thought I'd take the whole month and just quickly read through each one to get an overview. I was very naive to say the least to think that I could get through it in a month! So, I'm still reading today and I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I have to admit I haven't been 100% faithful to it, there have been times I just didn't do it or times I did a different study, or whatever other excuse I might have, but I've written in a notebook about each person I've read about and I'm hoping now to get each one typed into a document that I can save/print etc. So I thought I would share what I have read. I'm no theologian but I have found this study very insightful and interesting. I hope whoever reads any of these posts does too and might inspire some to read deeper into some of them.   I will start at the beginning and post as I get it typed. I hope I can be through by this Christmas, but no expectations after last year at this time thinking I'd be done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment