Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Be Still for a Minute

Just a quick note....

I got out of bed late this morning. My usual routine (or maybe should say ideal instead of usual) is to get up, pray and read my bible before the kids get up. Lately I've been getting up a little late though and so I haven't had as much time. I feel like I rush through my prayer list and hope to skim over some scripture. Then I rush to work, where like everyone else I'm crazy busy all day, then I rush to get the kids, rush to an activity or if we don't have an activity rush to get a workout in and cook supper, rush to pick up the house a little, throw in a load of laundry. Rush to get the kids homework done and everyone in bed....you get the picture.

As I sat down and started looking over my prayer list this morning I just felt it wasn't right. I really felt God speak to my spirit and say slow down. With eyes closed almost immediately a praise song came into my head and I stopped and just prayed it to God. Then Silent Night, and I sat with those peaceful words going through my mind fully aware of God's presence and thinking about what He did for us on that night. Sending His Son, who I have the privilege of praying to every day. I get to have a relationship with the creator of the universe. That's awe inspiring itself.

I heard the boys alarm go off and looked over my prayer list. One in particular means a lot to me, and so I did say to God to please watch over my friend today, then I thanked Him for the time we got to spend today and for knowing what is on my list so I don't have to rush through each one before the kids come in but can enjoy the peaceful spirit He had given.

I encourage you during this especially busy time of year to slow down and let God wash peace over you. I feel like I have been refreshed and have a better perspective this morning, just by allowing God a few minutes to instill peace into my spirit. I highly recommend you take some time to do the same. We all need it! Be blessed today and this Christmas. I hope wherever you are God's presence and peace will be apparent to you today and in this season!


No comments:

Post a Comment