Friday, July 31, 2009

Week 5

I really liked this week. I think it is hard to understand that God loves us and live our lives as if that is true. I really liked day 2 about being honest with yourself and God. I think we get caught up in what is "right" from a worldly perspective instead of God's. But Max is right...we don't have to run anymore. We are not purposed for that. I liked the statement on pg130 The sooner you speak to Jesus, the more you'll speak for Jesus." If we aren't being honest in our relationship with God and speaking to Him daily...it will be ackward to try to talk about Him to other people and even to ourselves.

Day 3 - I loved, I don't think there is anyone who can't relate. The point of not being able to love without realizing GOd's love for us was really driven into me this day. In relation to my family and friends, pg 133 toward bottom under #7, we can try all we want but will never find all we need to sustain a lasting relationship without the love of God. Also the sentence above 7. (He hates the man bc the man reminds him of his debt to his Master) Jeff has a friend I hated being around and I finally realized it was bc he reminded me of exactly what I used to be and I didn't want to be reminded of it. I think it would be good to try and apply Max's principle of first thinking about our indebtedness to God before we snap to not forgive someone else. I know I want to try and use this in my life.

Day 4 - Pg137 - above 6. I love the story of the soldiers. It reminded me that we all try to live the best way we know how, and some of us (all of us at times) try to do it without God at all which makes it harder on those that do.

under #6 - Indulging our hurts with anger. I've been there and it did exactly what the book said, It made hate grow in my heart not only for the person I was in conflict with, but for anyone like her. The progression is predictable and where it takes us, there is no room for God. That is not where I want to be.

Pg 138 above 8. His love can fill you and leave you with a love worth giving...I love that. And again with the theme of trying to give what we don't have in the middle of the page. I just think that is so important and I think frustration and failure in those areas is a sign of separation from God and that we need to get back to Him.

Funny - I was one trying to multiply 70 * 7 before reading on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment