Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 5, Day 5

I thought Psalm 22:1-8 was interesting. Jesus says v1 on the cross, just as David did here. The bible is full of parallels, and my thought when I read v 4 "In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them" was of our country and how we began trusting God and our forefathers took such a risk coming here, but they were delivered. Our country was founded on belief and trust in God and I think has turned its back on God...just like Isreal has done over and over and how he brought Isreal back so many times. Just thought that was kinda interesting. Wondered if God were to add us as a country to the bible where we would fit in.

Pg 143 - I loved the first section story of the Devil conversing with God accusing us and the last on that page as well about God coming down to our level. Both gave me chills. Realizing God's love is as deep as it is truly does open our lives up to significant change. I think that is one of the hardest things in my life though, believing God can love me even with some of the mistakes I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment