Saturday, July 13, 2013

Encouragement

I love God! Sometimes you've just got to say that! I love how He shows things and uncovers truths at the right time. There's nothing more thrilling to me than when something pops out so blatantly and I know its from Him!

I could hardly stay focused when I first started reading this morning. My heart was sad and my faith wavering over situations at our little church. I won't go into details except to say its just really a struggle to stay positive and carry on when there is a lot of negative talk and conflict. Its easy to see both sides of conflict and have a heart divided over it, especially when there are people you love and care about on both sides. I know my rightful spot is to stay where we are and support our little congregation, but its still a struggle and still sad to see so many people conflicted and hurting....and leaving.

I was reading in Hebrews 10 today. It talked about Christ coming and taking away the first (the law) to establish the second (The new covenant and Christ's final and perfect sacrifice for sins). He broke the need for repetitive sacrifice - the burnt offerings, etc that were established in the OT by the law. He offered one sacrifice for sins for all time and...(I love the power in how this scripture goes on to read..v12-14) "Sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time onward until his enemies be made a footstool for His feet. For by one sacrifice He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified."

We are therefore capable in Christ to break our own repetitive cycle of sin. There is power to overcome it, power to live by faith, confidence to know we can depend on the promises of God. We are able to continue in faith and serve right where we are. We are able to see past the conflict, gain insight and to "discern our future" Duet 32:29. We live by faith, and in this way, we truly live!

Romans 1:15-16 says 16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

So let us draw near God with confidence v22, put aside our willful sin Heb 10 v25, let us not forsake our own assembling together v24, let us encourage one another and stimulate each other to love and good deeeds v 24, hold onto our confidence, for we need an endurance that God can provide v35-36....

And finally v39 - We are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul. 

Although there is conflict, I am encouraged to move forward loving others and serving God where I am. I know it won't always be easy or look pretty, but I truly feel encouraged today to seek God for endurance, to keep positive, to change what I can in His name where I am. Admittedly I have sat complacent and need to get moving. Part of the responsibility lies on me. I can have confidence and hope that God is faithful and will help our church. I pray that we will come together and serve as we should. Reach out to others and lift each other up.

Sorry if this one bounced around! It was just a quick one and there is so much more I wish I could express...I hope anyone who reads this though is at least a little encouraged and spurred on to endure and think about their role and their own faith and confidence to stand if they also are in a troubled spot.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment