Friday, July 19, 2013

Moses Departure

Duet 32-33

Moses spoke to the people of Israel about turning from God. The greatness & blessing of God & their coming judgement. He talks about the righteous growing fat on the Lord's blessing & forsaking God by turning to idols. They made God jealous & He promises in turn to make them jealous by allowing Gentiles access to Himself.

v28-29 - For they are a nation lacking in counsel, and there is no understanding in them. Would that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would discern their future!

Evil enemies will come against Israel & eventually God will have compassion on them and vindicate them. In His power He says v37-39 "Who at the fat of their sacrifices & drank the wine of their drink offering? Let them rise up and help you, Let them be your hiding place. See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death & give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal and there is no one who can deliver from My hand."

Powerful! Sounds eerily familiar! That we would fully recognize who He is and gain wisdom and understanding... 

No comments:

Post a Comment