Friday, September 11, 2009

Dig In

NIV - Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.

The Message - Sow righteousness, reap love.It's time to till the ready earth, it's time to dig in with God. Until he arrives with righteousness ripe for harvest.

I loved this verse in Hosea...what a calling! I had to put The Message version with the phrase "it's time to dig in with God" Isn't that funny....we've been talking about getting ready to "dig in" at work the past couple days now (almost enough to make me wear boots to work!). And how many things can the "unplowed ground" represent. I think it's exciting. I love it and find it inspiring and love how God uses everyday events, words, conversations, etc. to prepare you to recognize, embrace and understand His words.

1 comment: