Thursday, September 3, 2009

Loyalty

Speaking of this week...Matt 25:21 hit me hard this morning. The master answered, "You did well. You are a good and loyal servant. Because you were loyal with small things, I will let you care for much greater things. Come and share my joy with me" How upsetting to even think someone might think I am not loyal, but how many times do I get that upset when I haven't been loyal to God. Most times, although guilty feeling, I just think I'll do better next time, or that's something I need to work on. Shrug of the shoulders and I move on. Not so when it's one of my friends...just the thought of it is devastating and I want to fix it right then. When will I put Jesus above all else, get to the point where I am totally loyal to Him above all else. Devastated when disloyal to Him, in a good and repentive way, sobbing bring me back to You God, I'm so so sorry.

And why not. The strength and the power in Hebrews 6:18-20. I can just hear it being spoken with authority. "These two things cannot change: God cannot lie when he makes a promise, and he cannot lie when he makes an oath. These things encourage us who came to God for safety. They give us strength to hold on to the hope we have been given. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, sure and strong." No one but Him can provide that.

But despite it all, the sweetest of all in Hebrews 10:14, I like how it was paraphrased on pg 224. With one sacrafice, Jesus made us perfect forever. Through Jesus, we are being made holy.

It's a daily process, but it does take some gumption and some stepping up. Not stepping up in our own way, but letting our Savior step in, even when it feels risky and unsafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment