Sunday, April 17, 2011

Me, a Pharisee

I was put in a situation this weekend that I was very uncomfortable with. I did not feel like the atmosphere was Christlike and I felt myself get all in a huff and didn't quite know what to say to anyone. I felt very out of place and very gaurded, and as a result was acting cold toward the people there.

Then, about 15 minutes into it, I felt the Lord strongly convict me of being judgemental. My job was to love, to show Christs love, and be joyful while I was there, not rigid and cold towards everyone. I was able to let down my gaurd and talk to many in the room and show support to the person the event was for. I truly felt that God gave me grace in that moment for my sin to show grace there and it felt so much better to show love than to condemn.

I guess the bottom line is when we are put in those situations, we should see them as opportunity to love and be motivated and excited  to serve Christ, not have an attitude of self-righteousness as I did when I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment