Monday, August 24, 2009

8/24/09

In day 1 or lesson 9 I loved the verses we all have heard before.

Matt 6:32-34 For the pagans run after all of these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I have to constantly remind myself that God also knows what I need and is able to guide our paths. We don't have to plan and stress so much but rest in the knowledge we have that He will take care of us. He doesn't overlook any need we have.

Also John 15:4 - We have to remain in Him and He will remain in us. He won't force us to stay there though, it's a choice we make.

We sang a song in church that said something along the lines of Christ singing over us and it repeats "I love you, child I love you" several times. I stood there thinking of how much I love my children and how I can sing that to them and feel it and mean it so deeply and how that must not even compare to how our Savior loves us and how amazing it is for Him to sing over us and sing those words to us. I was filled with God's love for me and it brought tears to my eyes.

The sermon was over loving other people. I can't imagine how much God loves us and all the people around us. I hope I can get just a glimpse of that and truly love people the way God wants me to and get just a portion of understanding of how great His love is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment