Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lesson 8, Day 2

I got sidetracked in Colossians in this lesson but I really liked it. Colossians 2:16-19 talks about not letting others judge you, especially those who delight in false humility. This really spoke to me bc a lot of times people who are super religous can make us feel like we are not as good a Christian. I know I have felt this in the church at times, especially in regards to the amount of church and events that I miss. This also spoke to me about being careful in how I treat others and how I might come across that very same way to other people sometimes.

Col 2:23 says "SUch regulations (talking about things the world says we shouldn't touch taste or handle) indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Col 3:2 - Set your mind on things above...5-Put to death whatever belongs to your earthly nature....7-8 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived...but now you must rid yourselves of them. 13-Bear with each other...and forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14-over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Thru these verses I just really picked up the message that its all about loving others and how we treat others, especially those in the body of Christ. We will not get along with everyone, we won't make the right decision every time, we won't be able to be great friends with everyone, but we can choose to set our minds on Christ and by this we will be able to forgive and love others and treat others well.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved your post, especially "set your mind on things above" I try feverishly and fail so often to engrain that into my heart/mind/soul.....

    ReplyDelete