Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 6, Day 1

I woke up a 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep...worrying about my kids and the time I am not with them, and the time I am with them how snappy and worn out I sometimes am. I couldn't go back to sleep. Was in tears, thinking I needed to stay home but always with a nagging feeling I am right where God wants me to be. Read up to #2. Honestly thought "these will not be about someones child and my ridiculousness. These will be about true struggles." Then I read the very first one 2 Sam 12:16-17, which is about David mourning for his child. I felt the love of God so strongly, that He was saying I do care about your thoughts and concerns for your children and yes, they are that important to me too.

The sequence then went something like this. Down to #3. I checked the first check box...(Tend to worry and think and rethink myt choices.) Then on to pg 148 the 2 paragraph under "Faith in God's Power" -

Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. Faith is the belief that God will do what is right.

This was bittersweet for me today, having being reassured there is a plan, God is with me and is in it and working for the best, although it means I don't get to spend the time with my kids I would like to I can rest in the fact that I know my God and can feel His presence and care for me and my family.

1 comment:

  1. ...everyone needs a miracle...I think it is appropriate to say Angie needs a miracle everyday.

    I absolutely love the verse in 2 Corinthians 4:8-10. "We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed. We always carry around inour body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

    As Tisha shared...faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. Faith is belief that God will dow what is right. That replenishes my soul. Faithfulness is so difficulty because we focus on what we want today...rather than waiting and listening to what God wants us to do.

    I also liked..."when we reach the point of total desperation, God steps in" - sometimes it taks us being in desperation to allow God to take control of the situation.

    ReplyDelete